- What’s the best hair brush for your hair type?
- Best hair brush for blow drying
- The Wet Brush Pro Paddle Hair Brush
- The Best Round Brush For Volume & Lift
- Olivia Garden NanoThermic Ceramic Ionic Round Thermal Brush Kit
- The Best Boar Hair Brush
- Beauty By Earth Bamboo Brush
- The Best Wooden Hair Brush
- Beyond 100 Naturals Dry Scalp Bamboo Paddle Brush
- The Best Hair Brush For Teasing
- Spornette Little Wonder Boar-Nylon Bristle Teasing Brush
- The Best Hair Brush For Fine Hair
- Brigitte’s Brushes Styling Curling Brush The Classic 7-Row With Tips & Bristles
- The Best Hair Brush For Curly Hair
- Denman Cushion Brush With Nylon Bristles
- The Best Hair Brush for Scalp Massaging
- Denman Be-Bop Massage Brush
- The Best Hair Brush For De-tangling
- The Tangle Teezer Salon Elite Hair Brush
- What’s the right way to brush your hair, without causing breakage or damage?
- How To Clean Your Hair Brush
- You might also like
What’s the best hair brush for your hair type?
If you’ve been staring at your hair brush lamenting its lost bristles or worn-out handle you definitely need to buy a brand new one. Using an old, tired hairbrush won’t do your hair any favours and neither will it treat it with the respect it deserves. So, how can you make sure you’re using the best hair brush for your hair needs?
Best hair brush for blow drying
When blow drying your hair you need a good quality brush and paddle brushes are superb teamed with a hair dryer. We particularly love the Wet Brush Pro Paddle which is made with soft, plastic bristles it is ideal for wet and dry hair, it won’t pull your hair and nor will it break it. We think it’s inexpensive and it’s excellent for preparing hair for blow drying too. You can use it to distribute conditioner because it de-tangles fast and then you can go on to use it during blow-drying because it has excellent ventilation so won’t get too hot. It’s specially shaped to cope with a lot of hair at once so if you’re straightening out your hair it’s the perfect companion. It gets full marks from us!
The Best Round Brush For Volume & Lift
This is an all-in-one brush kit with everything you could want to deliver beautifully smooth and shiny hair. The brushes promise snag free styling and have special anti-static technology so there’s no chance of fly-away hair. They are very lightweight with ergonomic handles reducing the chances of wrist ache after a blowout session.
We recommend this kit because it’s professionally designed and the special nano thermic technology is superb at banishing unwanted frizz. If you want curls that last – these are the right brushes for you.
The Best Boar Hair Brush
Our favorite Boar hair brush is from Beauty By Earth and promises healthy, shiny hair, eliminates split ends and helps to manage difficult hair. This particular brush is also an excellent scalp massager and stimulates scalp circulation.
It has pure boar bristles with nylon pins so acts as a wonderful hair de-tangler. Ideal for any hair type and it’s a very high quality boar brush.
The Best Wooden Hair Brush
This is an excellent de-tangling brush and great for removing dandruff from your scalp, providing a superior massage too. It is 100% natural, created out of bamboo with wooden bristles which means you won’t get any static in your hair.
It is also very lightweight and a brand that is often chosen by professional hair salons. The brush exfoliates the scalp, getting rid of dead skin and stimulates the circulation in your scalp so aiding healthy hair growth.
The Best Hair Brush For Teasing
This teasing brush is very inexpensive and is made out of nylon and boar bristles.
The bristles promise to penetrate any hair texture and it also has ionic technology so banishes unwanted frizz and naturally conditions hair. It’s really superb for creating volume in short hair and we rate it our favorite hairbrush teaser.
The Best Hair Brush For Fine Hair
With just seven rows of bristles it’s excellent for styling and curling and is used by professionals around the world.
It’s ideal for men and for women and works for other hair types, not just fine hair. With gently curving sides, it gives you plenty of flexibility.
The Best Hair Brush For Curly Hair
Denman is a name you can trust and this large size classic Denman Cushion Brush has 9 rows of bristles with an anti-static rubber pad. It is the perfect brush for all hair types but particularly if you have curly hair because it smooths hair and shapes it to perfection.
It also delivers an unbeatable shine. You can use this brush during styling with a hairdryer or just for brushing your hair and the bristles are so carefully positioned there’s no chance of snagging or snapping your hair.
The Best Hair Brush for Scalp Massaging
Massaging your scalp is excellent for stimulating circulation and boosting hair growth. Not only is it healthy for your hair it feels so good too! So why not treat your hair to the Denman Be-Bop Massage Brush? It’s comfortable and ergonomically designed with a handle on top and you can use it in or out of the shower.
This is an inexpensive addition to your haircare routine. While it’s designed for men there’s no reason women can’t use it, the bristles are extra soft and won’t scratch. It’s also excellent for combing through hair product. Finally it comes in a convenient pack of 2 so you can store one away for use later on.
The Best Hair Brush For De-tangling
Everyone’s heard of the Tangle Teezer and that’s because it works! So if your hair is often tangled and knotted, using one of these will remove those tangles carefully, without pulling or breaking your hair.
Additionally, the Tangle Teezer gives a gorgeous head massage on wet and dry hair so helps to stimulate the hair follicles for healthy growth. It’s even safe to use on hair extensions and it’s definitely a must-have if your child has very curly hair.
What’s the right way to brush your hair, without causing breakage or damage?
- Begin with dry hair because brushing wet hair can pull it and cause it to snap.
- Use a detangling brush to get rid of knots and tangles first.
- Start with the back of your hair, bending over and brushing from root to tip.
- Then divide your hair into sections.
- Then starting at the root, glide your brush from the very top to the tip. The reason for this is to distribute your hair’s natural oil and give you shiny hair.
How To Clean Your Hair Brush
- Clean your brush once a week.
- Remove any strands of hair or debris using a tail comb (the metal end, slide it underneath where the hair has gathered in between the brush bristles).
- Lift the hair out and dispose of it.
- Fill your sink with warm water and use a little shampoo.
- Clean the brush in the water using your fingers.
- Rinse the brush thoroughly.
- Squeeze out any excess water.
- Allow to air dry face down on a towel.
Don’t just rush out and buy the first brush you see, you need to feel confident that you are buying something which will protect your hair and enhance it so it grows beautifully and always looks like you’ve just stepped out of the hair salon.