A powerful, ceramic hot air brush is great alternative for flat irons and curling irons.
We naturally want to change our looks every day, if possible and it can get pretty boring if you keep wearing your hair straight or wavy everyday. With hot air styling brushes, you can give your hair volume and a different, more relaxed style. It’s a lot easier to use too, compared to flat or curling irons. But the main advantage? Unlike hot electric straightening or curling irons, a good hot air brush will not damage your hair, no matter how often you style it. I’ve been a frequent user – every 2-3 days – of Babyliss hot air rotating brush for 4 years now and I’ve never had anu problems with split ends, dull or burned hair.
In fact, the ceramic coating of a good quality ceramic hot air brush will leave your hair shiny and healthy every time, even if you don’t use any styling products. All I ever use are:
- a good quality moisturizing shampoo and conditioner
- some argan oil or hair wax at the end of the styling, depending on what you are after: a sleek and straight look or a more textured, volumized style
What hot air brush should I choose?
When you’re looking for the best hot air brush keep in mind if you’re aiming to achieve a straight and volumized look (like I have in the picture) or if you want to obtain loose curls and waves. In the first case, go for a paddle straightening hot air brush like Revlon One Step Dryer and Styler or a rotating round brush.
For achieving beautiful, effortless loose curls you may opt for one of the curling hot air brush stylers and dryers.
The best hot air brush dryers and stylers – in-depth look
1. Infiniti Pro by Conair Spin Air Rotating Styler
The Infiniti Pro by Conair Spin Air Rotating Styler is a very popular hot air styling brush at Amazon.com. Its list price is approx $60 but you can get it at a discounted price. Its main features include:
• The ionic technology that is responsible in keeping hair frizz-free, shiny and moisturized.
• The multi-directional spinning rotation to help achieve different styles using different techniques.
• It produces 100 times more than the number of negative ions produced by other hot air brush stylers.
• There are three heat settings and two speed settings that you can customize according to your hair styling needs.
• You can style hair with the spin function or without.
2. John Frieda Hot Air Brush
The John Frieda Hot Air Brush is probably the closest competitor of the Infinity Pro by Conair. It’s also slightly cheaper, probably due to the fact that, unlike Conair, it doesn’t spin.
• It features advanced ionic technology that releases 50 percent more ions to make sure that the health remains healthy and moisturized after styling.
• There are two heat settings available and a cool setting which is unique in hot air stylers.
• The barrel is not only ceramic coated, it is titanium coated too. This means that your John Freida Hot Brush heats up fast and even.
3. Revlon RV440C 1200 Watt Ionic Hot Air Dryer and Styler
The Revlon RV440C Ionic is a hot air styling brush set that includes 1” and a 1 ½” brush attachments . Its features include:
• The use of ion technology for faster heat up time and silkier hair.
• There’s two interchangeable aluminum barrels.
• The barrels consistently retain heat.
• There are three heat settings and three speed settings available.
• This hot air styling brush can style any length and type of hair.
4. Conair BC171NCS Ceramic Ionic Hot Air Brush, Black, 1.25 Inch
The Conair BC171NCS Ceramic Ionic hot air brush is a tad pricier than the instant heat hot brush. You can get it at Amazon.com for under $30. There’s very little price difference so it really goes down to which features you prefer.
• The ionic technology promotes healthier and well conditioned hair.
• There is 1000 watts of styling power in this thing.
• It comes with three attachments: 1.25 inch ceramic coated bristle brush, .75 inch natural boar brush and .75 inch nylon bristle brush.
• There are three power selector (off, low and high) and two speed settings.
• It features a swivel cord for easy handling.
5. Vidal Sasson VS433C Tangle-Free Hot Air Brush Styler and Dryer, 1 Inch
The Vidal Sassoon Styler and Dryer is another very affordable hair styling tool that you can get your hands on. Here are the features:
• It has soft and tangle-free bristles to enhance hair volume and body.
• There are two speed settings and heat settings.
• It has 250 watts of power.
Hot air brush tutorial
If you enjoyed the look achieved with the rotating hot air brush in the picture above, then you’ll enjoy for sure watching the tutorial.
So, which one is your pick? Are you going for the more affordable ones or those with more customer reviews? Let us know in the comments.