Did you know that our hair has positive and negative ions? However, activities such as brushing or towel-drying strip your hair of negative ions. When there are only positive ions in the hair, the strands repel each other, resulting in problems such as flyaway, frizz, and static.
This is where ionic hairbrushes can help. They emit ions into your hair to restore the balance of positive and negative ions and make your hair shiny, smooth, frizz-free, and manageable. The negative ions are activated by heat, which is why ionic hairbrushes are powered by electricity.
Most ionic hairbrushes are priced affordably for home use. Having an ionic hairbrush at home allows one to achieve great hair any day without visiting a local hairstylist.
Ionic Hair Brushes – Features
Ionic hairbrushes are designed with the home stylist in mind, and so they are straightforward and easy to use. Ideally, they come with slender, non-slip grip for better user control. The bristles, which emit the ions, are sturdy.
They may be powered by electricity, battery, or butane pack. Ionic brushes have different wattage power. High wattage ionic hairbrushes are suitable for thick hair, while low-powered brushes are suited for thin hair.
Benefits of Ionic Technology
“Is paying more for an ionic hair brush worth it?” is a question many women ask. What are the benefits that you get from an ionic hairbrush that you don’t get from an ordinary hairbrush?
• Seals and smoothen split ends. The negative ions bond with hair to close off broken hair cuticles.
• Makes hair softer and shinier. Ionic hair brushes lock in moisture to hair strands. The result is a shiny, soft, and healthy hair.
• Reduce drying time. Ionic hairbrushes are ideal for women who want to have great looking hair on the fly. They dry hair faster by causing water molecules to fall to the shaft much faster.
• Minimize heat damage. Ionic hair brushes speed up hair drying time, so you’re least likely to end up with burned hair or scalp.
• Eliminate frizz. Again, ionic hairbrushes bring back the lost negative ions to your hair, land so help eliminate frizz and reducing static.
Choosing Ionic Hair Brushes
Ionic hair brushes come in all kinds of prices, so defining the amount you’re willing to spend before you go shopping before you go shopping is important. Knowing also the features that will suit your hair and particular style in mind can help in determining the right styling tool to purchase.
One of the most important things to consider is the shape of the ionic hairbrush; it can be circular or it can be flat. Your choice of shape brush would depend on the kind of effect or hairstyle you want to achieve.
Here are the absolute best flat ionic hair brushes. The most advanced models require batteries in order to activate the ions and smooth fly-aways.
1. John Frieda Ionic Brush, battery operated
Ionic hair brushes also come in a wide array of sizes.The style that you want to create would dictate your choice of brush size. Do you want to create small or large curls? A ¾ inch brush create small curls or waves, 1 inch brush creates medium waves, while 1 ½ brush creates large waves. Another important thing to consider is wattage. If you have a thick hair, then you need a high wattage brush. If you have thin hair, a low wattage brush is the safer option.