When faced with the decision of choosing a hair styling tool, many women are confused among the diversity of models, all promising to deliver amazing results. We researched the market, so you won’t have to. Here is what we found:
Flat irons are notorious for straightening even the most rebellious hair. They work on thin or thick hair, straight or curly, even afro. They operate by applying a high temperature to dried hair and giving it a straight look. They are extremely efficient.
The ionic/ceramic/tourmaline technologies of the new generation brushes all ensure that there are no hot spots when working the hair so it won’t get damaged. At the same time they make the styling more flexible, the hair shinier and more manageable. They are the healthier option.
At the same time, a good thing to consider is that good hot straightening brushes are a bit more expensive than straightening irons.
The hot straightening brush is the right answer for you if:
1. You have regular to thin hair. It even works for damaged, dull hair, as it protects it and adds shine
2. You plan to style your hair frequently, even daily
3. You are willing to pay a bit extra for latest technology
The best electric hair straightening brushes:
| Art Naturals Brush Hair Straightener– US
AsaVea Ceramic Straightener – UK
|Revlon Perfect Heat Tourmaline Ceramic Hot Air Spin Brush||900 watts||$$||4.8|
|Infinity Pro by Conair Hot Air Spin Styler||500 watts||$||3.8|
So, the flat iron is the right answer for you if:
1. You have difficult to style thick, naturally curly or afro hair
2. You do not style your hair frequently, as it might be damaging. Achieving a silky look from time to time (not daily) should be fine
3.You are not looking to build volume in your hairstyle
4. You are budget conscious
The best rated flat irons on the market
|HSI Professional Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Flat Iron||240F-400F||$$||4.4|
|Remington Digital Anti Static Ceramic Flat Iron||250F-410F||$||4.5|
|CHI Ceramic Professional Flat Iron||400F||$$$||4.5|
|BaByliss Pro Porcelain Ceramic Flat Iron||450F||$$||4.4|