The temperature and air blow speed is adjustable; the brush power switch and the temperature/ speed controls are typically found on the handle. Most hot brushes are powered by electricity, but there are also some models that run on battery.
There are plenty of hot brush sets or individual products on the market. They differ in their capabilities, leaving many many of us confused as to what product will give them the best value for their money.
So how do you determine the best hot brush for your hair? Here are some tips:
1. Do your research. Learn as much as you can about hot brushes. For instance, what is the difference between a chrome brush, an ionic brush and a ceramic brush? Which is more beneficial? Are you looking for a curling brush or a straightening brush? If you have a thick hair, what wattage level should you look for in a hot brush?
2. Read reviews on the product. The best hot brush will have lots of good feedback and minimal to zero negative feedback.
3. Do a product comparison. Make a shortlist of the best performing products that you find, then zero in on the best hot brush for your hair.
What is the Best Hot Brush based on Customer Reviews?
If you want to a head start in your search for the best hot brush on the market, take a look at these highly rated hot air brushes.
1. Infinitipro Spin Air Rotating Styler, Black The large, 2-inch brush has earned accolades from professional stylists and home stylists alike. It is so good that it was given a Star Beauty Awards in 2011. The brush dryer is suitable for all kinds of hair. It has two heat settings and a cool shot button, can be used with either right hand or left hand, delivers 100% ions, and can be used with or without spin function. Read the full review here.
2. Babyliss Pro Babnt178 Nano Titanium Rotating Hot Air Brush Ionic Anti Static is ideal for hair straightening, while adding volume and shine with 3 heat seatings, antistatic bristles and professionally long cord
3. John Frieda Hot Air Brush creates luscious styles with volume and shine while drying each hair strand. Instant heat for fast drying, ionic technology for healthy, smooth, frizz free hair with a modest price.
4. Conair BC171NCS Ceramic Ionic Hot Air Brush, Black, 1.25 Inch This model comes with two interchangeable barrel brushes for creating small and large curls. The brush heats quickly and evenly so there are no damaging hot spots. Emitted ions help eliminate frizz and, at the same time, increase the shine and softness of your hair.
5. Vidal Sasson VS433C Tangle-Free Hot Air Brush Styler and Dryer, 1 Inch This is the best hot brush for those who want to achieve medium-sized curls. It works quickly, has a vented rotating barrel for tangle-free styling, and two heat settings.
If you had extra money to spend on hot air brush styling tools, which one would you buy? 🙂 I would still have to go with Infinitipro Spin Air Rotating Styler, which I absolutely love and I would probably throw in the Vidal Sasson tool for some quick curls. Good choice? What do you think?